I did my first ever full bust adjustment/alteration on the laurel.
OK, so I should probably have been doing them previously, but what can I say...
I think I still fudged it a little as I didn't want to do the front darts so I graded the extra width from the FBA back into the side seam. It definitely makes it sit nicer over the girls and around the neck. I used the same fabric as the Kimono Sorbetto, because I love the print on these simple tops.
Looking at the pictures I kind of wish I kept the sleeve caps in all purple. Still looks OK though. The sleeves are hemmed and finished with a pretty stitch. I think I'd prefer them about an inch longer next time. Still have a full range of movement. Never had that with something that I have sewn sleeves onto before!
And the back:
No closure needed- pulls on and off fine. I lost a little of the pattern to the darts, but its only really noticable if youre looking for it. Again, should have really moved them across a little so they were entirely in the purple, but I didn't think on at the time.
And I am proud to say that I finally mastered the french seam of the armscye. Looks very pretty on the inside too! The neckline is bias-taped, and the hem is a simple double fold over.
Very wearable, very me.
Bring on the autumn!