For this version I used some turquoise voile left over in the stash. I just about had enough, though had to shorten the sleeves a little. to get them to fit. Following my gut instinct from many sorbettoes, I cut a size 8 body with the sz18 length, and size 12 sleeves. I think I need to do a bit of an FBA, but otherwise I'm really happy with it.
Most of the seams are french-finished, and the external edges are finished with lime green bias tape, with accent buttons in a different shade of turquoise to maximise the clash! I think it gives it a very funky look. I even hand finished the bias tape, as I wanted clean lines.
Looking forward to all the variations that will be possible on this! And a great wardrobe builder. I have plans for 2 more basic ones in gorgeous, and one with a button up back.
MadMen sewing has totally stalled, but at least I'm sewing something, so I will hopefully get on with it soon!
I love this shirt, it is so the sort of thing i would make.ReplyDelete
Cute! Love the colors.ReplyDelete
Love the colours. This looks great on you. I'll be working on my first version soon.ReplyDelete
Cute!I'm cutting my pattern out now, so thank you for the post! It is very flattering on you.ReplyDelete
This looks super summery! Very cute!ReplyDelete
I agree, a really fun shirt, great variation and variation on a basic t-shirt - I'd wear it as well. Just joined your site.ReplyDelete