25 March 2013

Its been a long time coming.

I did my first ever full bust adjustment/alteration on the laurel. 

OK, so I should probably have been doing them previously, but what can I say...

 I think I still fudged it a little as I didn't want to do the front darts so I graded the extra width from the FBA back into the side seam. It definitely makes it sit nicer over the girls and around the neck.  I used the same fabric as the Kimono Sorbetto, because I love the print on these simple tops. 


Looking at the pictures I kind of wish I kept the sleeve caps in all purple. Still looks OK though. The sleeves are hemmed and finished with a pretty stitch. I think I'd prefer them about an inch longer next time. Still have a full range of movement. Never had that with something that I have sewn sleeves onto before!

colette laurel top version 4 blue and purple print fabric coletteprint sleeve detail

And the back:

colette laurel top version 4 blue and purple print fabric coletteprint rear


No closure needed- pulls on and off fine. I lost a little of the pattern to the darts, but its only really noticable if youre looking for it. Again, should have really moved them across a little so they were entirely in the purple, but I didn't think on at the time. 

And I am proud to say that I finally mastered the french seam of the armscye. Looks very pretty on the inside too! The neckline is bias-taped, and the hem is a simple double fold over. 
Very wearable, very me.
Bring on the autumn!


3 comments:

  1. Love it! The fit is very flattering and the stitches on the sleeves are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. French seams on the armscye - well done! This is still on my to-do list of needing to master! Great work on this top - you will get a heap of wear out of it...J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing what the fba did for this pattern? I had to do one too, but I think I still need to lower the darts.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!