16 April 2010

Getting to know you Thursdays (on a friday!)


1. What is your favorite cocktail (or beer)?
Cocktail- Hmmm... A good Pina Colada if I'm feeling fruity, or a Mohito if not. A few weeks ago, on our girls night out we had gorgeous Passionfruit & Vanilla Martinis:
Fresh passionfruit and homemade vanilla syrup shaken with a large serve of our very own local Wild Swan vanilla vodka, Licor 43 and pressed lemon juice. Served
straight up with a vanilla sugar dusted rim.
 
But in general I'm a beer girl, and an English one at that, so I like my beer flat and warm. But you'll mostly find me drinking:
  • Fat Yak- Matilda Bay
  • James Squire Golden.
  • Little Creatures Rogers (their Amber)
  • Sail and Anchor Porter. And their IPA is pretty good too!
  • Matsos Mango Beer.
  • Emu (for nights in on the sofa)
  • Pure Blonde at work
  • Anything I can get my hands on from local micro breweries.
  • Cider :D
  • Banana Bread Beer and Chocolate Stout from back home.
2. When is the first time you had a beer?
Is it bad that I don't remember a time when I didn't know what alcohol tastes like? From being knee high to a grass hopper I'd try my dads "nasty bitter beer" and mums red wine and pull a funny face. Now I love it! Well, the bitter beer anyway.
I probably started drinking semi regularly by 15. That sounds bad doesn't it! But I wasn't one of the teenage delinquants sitting on the street corner with their White Lightning. I probably am more of a lightweight now than when I was 17. And I never threw up til I was 19 and well and truely legal. See next point...

3. What is your funniest I was way too drunk story?
Erm... my 19th birthday. First one at University, and we were quite fresh into the first term so feeling particularly free and easy and up for anything... It involved downing lots of drinks in the Uni bar, heading into town to a shooter bar and having lots of those purchased for me, then carrying on to the Tequila bar (50 flavours of Teqila for a pound a shot!) and then being passed a funky green "tequilla" whoch turned out to be Absinthe, and they serve it as strong as it legaly comes.
I dont remember anything else.
Apparently my best friend bought be a cocktail and I took it by the straws not the glass and promptly dropped it, then threw up... then pretty much collapsed in the toilets. Somehow they found a taxi to get me home and put me to bed.
I woke up the next morning fresh as a daisy, presumably because I threw up everything that could possibly make me feel bad, and was under teh age of 20 and hence hangover-proof.

Fun times!

4. How long ago did that story take place?
6 1/2 years ago? November 2003. Wow I'm getting old!

5. Tequila or Whiskey?
Definately tequila.
Bad memories of playing alcoholic pass the parcel at 17 with out of date JD and Jim Beam stolen from the backs of parents liquer cabinets...

1 comment:

  1. "Apparently my best friend bought be a cocktail and I took it by the straws not the glass and promptly dropped it, then threw up... then pretty much collapsed in the toilets. "

    I am such a child, any uncontrolled, not warned throw up story cracks me the hell up. Too funny!!!!

    I miss being hang over proof, don't you? Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!