05 August 2012

Almond and Raspberry Biscuits



I forgot to buy biscuits... and my sweet tooth was calling while I was finishing the second draft of my research proposal. So I quickly whipped up a batch of these. So easy and very tasty!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Almond and Raspberry Biscuits
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1/2 cup sugar
125g butter/marg

2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
Some Orange zest 
(though I used the juice of a clementine...)

3/4 cup Almond Meal
1 cup plain flour

Raspberries or jam
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cream together sugar and fat, then slowly add the eggs and other wet ingredients.
Fold in dry ingredients

Spoon out onto baking tray in about 1 inch wide blobs (mine spread- beware!)
Put a raspberry or a small blob of jam into the middle
Mine made maybe 25. I'm not sure. I ate lots before counting!

Cook in oven at 190 til slightly browned.

Very tasty, but very moreish!
You could also add slivered almonds for an extra nut hit and a different texture.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!