19 March 2012

70s Shift

I saw this material and loved it. I’ve wanted to make a shift dress for a while, as all my other projects have been waisted. The pattern is based on 60s-dress-by-alexandra on Burda.
 I like the back neck line. Next time I’ll probably make it more prominent, as it is in the pattern. I made it about 1 size larger, and moved the darts down to fit better. I left the sleeves off. 

I made a boo-boo doing the cutting, as I couldn't simply cut on the fold as I don’t have quite enough fabric for the placement I wanted on the front, so ended up cutting two left hand backs. Ooops! I didn’t have much material to work with, but instead cut off the top with the armholes, and added a pannel that had the flowers running horizontally. I think it worked OK! 

I think its a bit short :) and I might change the buttons. But I think its a good base to start from!
PS: Best zipper I ever put in too!

I'm thinking I might use the pattern inclusing the sleeves for a spring top entry...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!